29 Aug 2010

"Free" Communication Weekend


So if anyone is reading this blog/diary regularly, you would know I have been considering signing up to a couple of online dating sites.

I saw an advert today (typical) from eHarmony on a free communication weekend, so you can sign up and communicate for free instead of paying for 4 days. Now I missed this 4 day event so have yet to sign up. But got me wandering which is best paying to find someone or going with free sites?

I understand eHarmony has had a good track record in the US and now over here, but one free site I found has also had a pretty good track record. With the recession and everything everyone is watching the wallet a little more then usual, and I am not excluded. But I have noticed a strange thing.

Now check out Date London and do a simple search for your ideal partner.

Not bad huh? all down to earth, reasonably cute. There is the odd black sheep on each page but most of these results are pretty good, you even have a "compatibility" meter for your searches (when you sign up of course).

Now take a look at Snog London.

Hmm right? Don't know about you but that is the site to find the more questionable character.

I have been reluctant to sign up for anything right now but it is getting more and more tempting as life goes on just to slap out a profile.

I might give one of these "free" communication offers up for the 4 days just to see what sort of response (if any) I get. Will of course report back.

Yours
Secret Virgin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails