9 May 2010

Cyber-Love

For a long time now I have always thought of online dating sites as the last desperate attempt for people. Or just for those wanting to get there leg over. But recently I have been rethinking.

I know of several people who have been onto these websites or found someone threw the internet and successfully found someone to have a relationship with, some are even engaged now. But that feel of desperation still haunts me.

I was given a novel for my birthday, and in it is an example of someone desperately looking for love, tried everything including dating sites and now in the lonely hearts column in the paper and getting the most weird folks answering. Now the character is very trusting but this role, but the online dating and lonely hearts ads still carry that scar of desperation and if they really are what they say on there advert.

Now that I am moving to a new area I have been considering a dating/friend site that I found for the area. But still unsure if this will be worth meeting strange people for friendship and possibly something more if it goes well. But would make an interesting experiment and for blogging.

Problem I am not the most out going person when I meet new people for the first time. Maybe this could be a way to break that. Who knows, maybe even speed dating.

Yours
Secret Virgin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails