7 Mar 2011

Friday Night Date Night


As from my previous entry I had a date Friday night. First time meeting a guy from an online dating site and for the most part went very well.

First off, he got the reservation wrong at the restaurant we were going to and got the text message about 4 hours before we meet saying he made a bit of a mistake (well that's a good start) and the back up restaurant was fully booked. Luckily he found a nice little place and still got a reservation for Friday night (phew).

So I make my way to the meeting point and we managed to recognize each other. Now I was going on what I read on eHarmony and was expecting what was on the profile of 5" 9'. No. He was just about my height which is 5"6'. I didn't say anything as it might of been a conversion problem as he isn't from the UK and only been living here for just over 2 months. So very true about online dating, never believe everything that is on the profile.

We then went to the restaurant and got some very nice seats and a lovely meal. He even ordered a bottle of champagne for the 2 of us and we talked the entire time, and laughed and shared various stories including how eHarmony was doing for us. He had done slightly better then me and had a 3 month relationship with a women on there when he was in the UK for a year on business and I ended up with the desperate, only on here for the free weekend deal kind of guys. And he of course is very good looking and someone I wouldn't of thought would be interested in me in a million years.

We had a lovely meal and shared a dessert and naturally finished the bottle of champagne, he then asked me to either go to a movie or a drink near by (after he picked up the bill). I didn't fancy a movie at that time of and luckily the places nearby were closed so went for a drink at a bar and attempted a conversation in a noisy place. We then walked around Soho for a little bit aiming for Oxford Street area. Strange thing, he spotted a kinky lingerie store in the backs of Soho and noted how nice the shop display was (roll eyes). Finally got back to the tube station and parted there.

It was a very nice evening and he didn't force himself on me, didn't touch in appropriately. We also didn't kiss either but got a nice hug as we parted and I left feeling happy. Then woke up with a champagne hang over.
Saturday evening he emails me asking for another date. So we are going out again tonight for dinner and a movie. Was initially a theater show, but again we got wrong and had to slump with a movie instead.

Not feeling that initial spark or excitement at this time between us. My guess is slow start for us both, will be seeing how this will pan out.

Yours
Secret Virgin

1 comment:

flamencokitty said...

Glad it's going so far, so good for you! Hopefully date #2 will be good as well.

Related Posts with Thumbnails