10 Oct 2010

Communication not so much free


So free communication epic fail.

Saturday I get a notice from eHarmony someone wishes to start eHarmony mail me. Which is basically the final step so this guy jumps steps 1-4 and right into step 5 with me. Great someone with an interest, then another email with an offer of 3 months subscription for the price of one. Even better. (Still over £30 thou)

All of a sudden, Horror! I can't currently see photo's just the profile. What if this guy is very low on the pecking order or handsome? What if he is one very large man who wanks at the computer all day long? Or something like the man in the picture above? But then could be very cute and very sweet.

I think because my past luck with men has been so bad. I seem to stop myself from progressing. I have never had a good date, ever. And this is with guys who would be considered mediocre in looks (apart from that rugby bloke, he was very fine. But that wasn't a date more of sexy, drunk dancing then a quick feel up).

And then again I can be very tight with my money as well. Even £35 for 3 months is a lot of money to put down on something that may never get past the emailing stage. And that's not even the full price. I don't want to seem like a bitch and not reply to him. Like some of the other guys on there I wanted to chat with, got nothing back from them. This offer lasts till Friday, but getting that gut feeling to go ahead and just say 'yes' to myself. And then in 5 mins get that bad feeling.

And a follwer mentioned Pleanty Of fish. Had a look on the UK site and the men on there scared me. Seriously, it did I didn't go past page 1.

Why can't I have a normal job and meet men in the flesh? It's cheaper and burns slightly less carbon.

Yours
Secret Virgin

1 comment:

G/W said...

Sorry PoF didn't work out. I don't want to start dumping dating sites on you but I used to have an account on okcupid.com when I was obsessed with their quiz section. I had uploaded a photo and written out an interesting profile so I used to have men contact me from time to time. Some of them were pretty cute but I was too young to care for online dating. Maybe that may be something to look at too because yikes, 35 pounds is definitely a lot. I wouldn't even put down 35 dollars for a year. Plus, a lot of the fellow virgins that I've interacted with through the blogosphere have had terrible results with eharmony. I'm not sure if you've ever stumble upon ecrivain but you should take a look at some of the comments on her posts. I don't have such an awesome memory with that kind of stuff http://lapenseuse.wordpress.com/.
At the same time, I don't want to hold you back from all your options so if you feel like it's the right thing then good luck and fire away :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails