6 Oct 2010

Free Communication Part 3



All I can say is thank god I didn't sign up over the weekend.

Well the free communication weekend at eHarmony has ended and all I can say is SLOW. I know finding the right person takes time, but really this site was supposed to help speed that up a bit.

As of yesterday I had 53 'matches' all of them either didn't really match my criteria or they were just plain boring, nothing jumped out of me apart from 2 blokes who never responded back. Rejection in it's slightly less hurtful form. eHarmony may of worked for the 2% in America that got married who met via eHarmony it may of worked for, but either these guys just don't bother, mail everyone on there matches list, or simply have the worlds most dullest profiles. And of course if you haven't subscribed you can't see there photo's, so another large disappointment. My profile is still up on the website, but no longer having much of an interest on it, if someone sends a communication request then I can just read the profile and decide if they are worth £20 a month for 3 months.

All in all very disappointed in eHarmony. I know it was only for 4 days and a bit much to ask from them but from the way they advertise on telly I expected a bigger response that what I actually got.

Been thinking about having a go on a free site, but then those on that type of site come across as desperate and uninteresting, and don't really want my inbox flooded with desperate emails pleading to meet, but at least you can see the photo's and not going to get charged for chatting.

2 comments:

Jeff said...

Disclaimer: I haven't tried a "real" dating service, but I've nevertheless had the same thoughts and doubts as the ones you've presented. I like communities and forums (where I've made a lot of new friends, if nothing else).

G/W said...

I've heard a lot of good things about plentyoffish.com (from people in real life too) and it's free so maybe give that a shot?

Related Posts with Thumbnails