1 Oct 2010

Free Communication Experiment

As previously talked about on my blog. I have been considering online dating sites for a while now and missed the last "Free Communication" weekend a few sites had on. Entry can be found here

And starting today and going threw till Monday eHarmony is having a free communication weekend. So after having a look at there prices I thought why not. See what's going down in the online dating world.

Took me 30 mins just to fill in the online 'personality test' and then another 30 mins to fill in the bits and pieces on the profile. During this time one other user looks at my profile before completing and decides he wants communication. GREAT your thinking. But remember it's me we are talking about here.

Profile nicely done up, pictures uploaded despite not being exactly photogenic. So decided to reply to this guys communication. I enter the communication dashboard on eHarmony and has his name age ect and then a button that says Close Match. Now I thought this meant he is a close match based on the  personality test and to click it to continue. Oh no it actually means stop communicating.

I haven't even started properly and I have already cocked up a relationship. I sent a request to re-open via eHarmony but apparently he closed it off as well. So a request has been sent to him on my behalf, but got strange feeling the horse has bolted on that one. So far so good.

After further investigation I then find, despite it being all open a free, you can't view profile pictures till you become a subscriber. So after all that ends up a waist of time. And lets face how many people can afford £15pm just to email. I doubt I will get that many matches.

Still got today and the next 3 days to see if it is actually worth staying on and how many men I can scare off on a time limit.

Will be updating as and when something comes along.

Yours
Secret Virgin

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails